BWG File System Monitoring
Lead: Liam Forbes
Members: Alan Wild, Andrew Uselton, Ben Evans, Cheng Shao, Jeff Garlough, Jeff Layton, Mark Nelson, Nic Henke
The task of the BWG File System Monitoring group is to:
- develop a list of existing parallel filesystem monitoring tools.
- identify their capabilities, add any others we think should exist.
- compare and contrast the tools to each other and the capabilities we think should exist.
You've just deployed a copy of Spider II at your site. Now you need to instrument it a) to detect if a component has failed, b) to ensure you are meeting your target performance numbers, and c) to determine what future improvements can be made.
- Where do you start?
- What information do you think you should collect?
- What tools/utilities/commands do you reach for?
The Features List - what to monitor.
The Tools List - how to monitor.
An IO Process Model to get an idea of the space of variables that are usefully monitored.
- LUG 2013 Report (final ppt).
Return to Benchmarking Working Group page.