Contract SFS-DEV-001 early draft
SFS-DEV-001 includes three areas for development. These areas are listed below with highlighted results.
This contract defines development in three broad areas described in the Statement of Work.
- Project 1: Single Server Metadata Performance Improvements
- Subproject 1.1: SMP Node Affinity
- Subproject 1.2: Parallel Directory Operations
- Project 2. Distributed Namespace: Remote Directories and Striped Directories
- Subproject 2.1: Remote Directories
- Subproject 2.2: Striped Directories
- Project 3. Lustre File System Checker
- Subproject 3.1: Inode Iterator & OI Scrub
- Subproject 3.2: MDT-OST Consistency
- Subproject 3.3: MDT-MDT Consistency
- Subproject 3.4: Performance
Each subproject is developed using a 6 point milestone plan. Completed documents are available from the project page.
Lustre FSCK: OI Scrub
- Enable file-level backup and restoration of an MDT.
- Core infrastructure for online consistency checking.
Details of the internal of this work is available at on the Whamcloud community wiki.
OI Scrub project provides ground work for a complete Lustre FSCK tool. Crucial to success of this tool is performance. OI Scrub has been demonstrated checking over 100K files/second on a typical MDS hardware node. In addition, OI Scrub provides a on-line mode that has been shown to add negligible system load with limited scan rates:
Single Server Metadata Performance: Parallel Directory Operations
- Only a single lock is available for a directory on Lustre.
- Clients wanting access to a file in the same directory must do so in serial.
- This is fixed in
=== Recent Results
Whamcloud site for more information.