LWG Minutes 2020-04-16
HPE: Olaf Weber, Jeff Garlough, Cory Spitz, Christopher Voltz
Linaro: Paul Isaac's
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman, Jeff Niles
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
Supermicro: Abe Asraoui
Whamcloud: Peter Jones, James Nunez, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.14.0 Release Update
- We need to start introducing feature patches in to master-next to avoid conflicts. This might delay some other bug fixes landings until we are past feature freeze.
- Peter: Has anyone looked at Erasure Coding patches yet?
- Cory: No but we are interested to do so
- Peter: What is happening with pool quotas? There have been long-standing test failures with this patch. Is this understood?
- Cory: Yes Sergey believes he has found a solution to these
- Peter DNE Auto-resizing seems on track and patches have been landing. Network Selection Policy (aka UDSP) is in the multi-rail topic branch and needs reviews
- James: Not interesting to ORNL
- Olaf: Busy with other work
- Cory: Chris Horn might be able to assist
- Peter: Encryption on track
Upstream Lustre Client
- Neil's IPv6 work is the last major body of work before submission upstream.
- Would like to get the last few time patches into 2.14 (LU-9019 and LU-13344)
Ken (via email)
- We've been having some issues with the Lustre.org Working Group mailing list software so email Ken if you have had issues
Virtual Dev Day
- Considering options to replace in-person developer session at LUG. Would people be interested in either presenting details about planned development or attending sessions about work others are doing
- James: I would be interested
- Cory: HPE would be interested in attending but unclear about presenting
- Paul: Would be interested in presenting about Linaro testing of Lustre. Suggested scheduling as being a key issue
- Peter: Likely it would be scheduled for early North American time to overlap with Europe based on the location of most attendees. Let's aim to have a list the next call.
- Cory: can we get some guidance on the approach to take for LU-10968 as reviewers are disagreeing?
- Peter: yes but let's wait until after feature freeze because these changes are not impacted
- Christopher: Will there be a release to support RHEL 7.8 soon?
- Peter: Yes we'll release 2.12.5 probably early May
Next meeting will be on 2020-04-30 at 11:00am Pacific