LWG Minutes 2020-02-06
ORNL: Dustin Leverman, Jeff Niles
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz, Jeff Garlough, Cory Spitz
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
IU: Ken Rawlings
TACC: Ari Martinez
Whamcloud: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, James Nunez, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.14.0 Release Update
- The main areas of activities have been working with features and test plans associated with those features.
- Erasure Coding and the 2.14 DNE both have test plans in development and we are getting close publishing those.
- Cory: Sergey will get the pool quotas test plan up within in the next week.
- We have been more aggressive with leaning forward on distro support. We are fairly close to having SLES 15sp1 clients running and are working on RHEL 8.X server build.
Upstream Lustre Client
- No update today as James is not present.
- We are almost all caught up on upgrades.
- Another set of security patches needed.
- Peter working on the openSFS survey as this is normally circulated in February.
- The list is getting lengthy on Lustre and distro version selection.
- All agree to remove RHEL 5 from question 2.
- Question 5 could use a refresh, perhaps removing questions around features that have been there for a number of years. Possibly add PCC, self extending layouts, etc…. Suggest removing HSM, IML, LFSCK.
- Cory: In favor of a longer list with roadmap items. Fine with removing the suggested items.
- Question 6 will be revamped to list features planned for 2.14 and 2.15, with a write in option for "other".
- Please let Peter know if you have any other suggestions.
Next meeting will be on 2020-20-06 at 11:00am Pacific