LWG Minutes 2019-02-21
Cray: Ben Evans
ORNL: Dustin Leverman, James Simmons
HPE: Christopher Voltz, Jeff Garlough
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
BP: Shawn Hall
NCAR: Chris -
Whamcloud: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, James Nunez
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.13.0 Release Update
- Nothing really noteworthy, continue doing landings and testing.
- Joe: James has been working working closely with Sonia on the sysfs work.
- James: Yes, it should be ready to merge fairly quickly after the last round of refreshes.
- Anything else to report on 2.13
- James: I have been looking at netlink. Having conversations about the path forward, knowing that it is going to have to be expanded.
- Ben: Cory is looking into LU-11952 and LU-11444 to get these included in 2.13.
Upstream Lustre Client
- Things are going well. Still in cleanup mode. Finished porting of documentation style to sphinx.
- Discussion ongoing about interval tree performance issues & memory footprints.
- Peter: How are we looking to have all this tested?
- James: We have been testing manually. Minh has created a branch now, so we will have regression testing there going forward.
Ken (via email)
- Addressing issues with the custom Wordpress theme as part of the mandatory PHP upgrade is proving to be more effort than anticipated and the current focus is ensuring we're ready for that.
- After that is complete, the subdomains review/update and completing the old Lustre wiki retirement will become the priorities.
- James: Re LUG - When we submitted we only saw 4 submissions. Does anyone know how many submissions we got?
- Peter: It is a perennial cause of concern for how late people submit for various reasons. My guess is that there will be a number more submissions by the deadline tomorrow night. Usually 21 slots are needed to fill the agenda beyond standard, expected presentations.
Next meeting will be on 2019-03-07 at 11:00am Pacific