LWG Minutes 2018-05-03
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
IU: Ken Rawlings
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, Andreas Dilger, Amir Shehata
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.12.0 Release Update
- We have been testing the first tag, 2.11.51, and that is the only notable thing to share at the moment.
- Does anyone have input or feedback with 2.12 yet?
- James: Have we figured out what the regression is? I see there is an active bisect in progress.
- Peter: There is no culprit yet, but we are actively worked on it.
- Peter: James, one goal we have is for supporting newer kernels to get up to the 4.15 level. You are down as a reviewer for 31790. Is this something you have concerns about?
- James: The reason I have been holding off is due to a conflict with another time patch in master-next. I will be able to test it and will give it a -1 review in the interim to say it needs to be rebased on the other patch.
- James: The following tickets are all Ubuntu related and need to be resolved: LU10575, LU-10365, LU-10366, LU-10334, and LU-10328. LU-10947 was just discovered as well.
Upstream Lustre Client
- We have several more weeks of the landing window being open.
- The xaddr fixes have landed and James has completed smp patches.
- All of this work is for the 4.16 kernel.
- Peter: Did Neil find the recording from developer day useful?
- James: We need to find out where to put them so that he can see them. It is about 12GB total (3 videos at ~4GB each). Where can we put them?
- Peter: We should ask Neil what would be easiest for him and go that route.
- James will walk with Neil about his preferred delivery stream.
- We have created a LUG 2018 page on the wiki with the agenda. About 1/3 of slides are uploaded and we should finish in the next day or two with the remaining slides.
- Peter: Any idea what is happening with the videos?
- Ken: It will probably be at least a week or two, but will check and report back.
Next meeting will be on 2018-05-17 at 11:00am Pacific