LWG Minutes 2017-11-30
Cray: Cory Spitz, Ben Evans, Peter Bojanic
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, Andreas Dilger, Amir Shehata, Oleg Drokin, John Hammond
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
- Any take on the BOF from anyone on the call that was there?
- Peter Bojanic: I thought it was well attended and encouraging to see so many faces. I thought asking who was new and so forth was a good idea and the overall engagement of the audience was good. The topics were interesting, but it would have been good to hear more about what people are doing with Lustre as opposed to a developer only focus. there was also a little bit of interrupting happening within panel, which was a bit distracting.
- Cory: I actually thought attendance could have been even better. The Top500 BOF was at the same time and the potential audience is probably overlapped between the two. Next year we should see if it makes sense for two sessions next year if there is a strong concentration of interest in a particular topic (this year there was a concentration of Robinhood).
- Peter: I was pleased with the overall attendance, which was approximately 120 people on average throughout the 2 hours. I agree that we may have been able to do a bit better with more promotion.
2.10.2 Release Update
- We have an RC1 in testing at the moment and holding up ok. We expect to get the release out by the end of the year as forecasted.
- Anyone playing around with this at all? Anything to report out?
- No feedback to report.
2.11.0 Release Update
- The feature freeze was agreed to be extended last time to be able to get in a few more things.
- Data on MDT landed to master before SC. FLR Phase 1 is looking promising that it may land later today, as Oleg is doing the final gatekeeper testing and all has been going well.
- A technical, in-depth discussion of the approach with James Simmons' tracepoint feature was held, with James getting feedback directly from John, Oleg, and Andreas on the call.
Upstream Lustre Client
- James still has a few more patches to break up for 2.9 support.
- The merge window is about to open.
- We are finalizing the Lustre internals documentation, effort is still ongoing.
- Andreas made a suggestion regarding possibly moving the Lustre manual to the wiki.
- Ken is looking into the feasibility of that with regard to methods of moderation and will report back.
- Andreas: The XML version of the manual would be removed after it is imported into the wiki.
Next meeting will be on 2017-12-14 at 11:00am Pacific