LWG Minutes 2017-09-21
Cray: Cory Spitz, Ben Evans, Justin Miller
ORNL: Dustin Leverman
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
HPE: Olaf Weber, Stephen Champion, Robert Clark
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10.1 Release Update
- The CentOS 7.4 kernel has finally been released and 2.10.1 testing is ongoing.
2.11.0 Release Update
- The lockahead feature has been landed as of yesterday.
- Data on MDT is the middle of a heavy, extensive review and should be landing next.
- FLR Phase 1 is sitting on top of DoM and undergoing its own review. However, FLR is holding on DoM for landing.
- Tracepoint is in master-next.
Upstream Lustre Client
- No representation on the call today, however, there remains the known issue of being able to tune due to LU-8837.
- We are in the process of a security review and will report back on it to this forum.
- OpenSFS is planning to do a press release on 2.10.1. Aside from RHEL7.4/ZFS0.7.1, are there other dependencies to mention in the release? Also we need a changelog. Who would create that?
- Joe creates the changelog for the community releases and will create one just ahead of 2.10.1 GA. It will be posted to the same location as the other community changelogs.
- Any further feedback on the usage of the openSFS test cluster? Any further info?
- Andreas: No change on our side
- Ken: It seems pretty clear that there are no known uses of it, please let us know if anyone finds otherwise.
- Ken: Are there any worries of needing to wipe the data on the drives?
- Andreas: LU is open source and IML is open source, so no issues there
- Ken: LDLM/LNet internals front: Have there been core architectural changes here since 2.0?
- Andreas: MR is the major change on LNet architecture front; the other significant change would be dynamic lnet config to configure on the fly instead of via module parameters; LDLM hasn’t had to significant of change for a long time. Lockahead would be of interest, so would lock conversion with DoM.
Next meeting will be on 2017-10-05 at 11:00am Pacific