LWG Minutes 2016-11-02
Cray: Ben Evans
ORNL: James Simmons
Indiana: Ken Rawlings
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
ANL: Gordon McPheeters
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Andreas Dilger, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
- Intel to review James' patch in LU-8700 for potential landing in 2.9.0.
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.9 Release Status/Update
- Things are going well in our testing. Everything that were tracked as must fix for the release have all been landed at this point. We should be able to tag for a release candidate soon.
- James: We have one patch left that we would really like to see landed. Would it be possible for Intel to review it? It is a patch tracked under LU-8700.
- Has anyone in the community been doing any testing?
- James: We have tested on our test system of 80 nodes and it looks good. We are considering potentially moving to 2.9 for our production system.
- Andreas: Ken, from your point of view, is everything for SSK landed and working ok?
- Ken: To my knowledge, yes, that is correct.
- James: Nathan Lavender has emailed looking for a mixed-endian environment to test in, but James does not have access to that type of environment.
2.10 Release Update
- Nothing to address at this time.
Upstream Lustre Client
- The patch for the view time workaround in HSM was rejected by Greg.
- We are rapidly approaching a point where master and upstream will be in sync. James is working on cleansing the 2.8 patches and is getting close to being able to submit them.
- Peter: What else will be left to clean up after it is in sync?
- James: User API stuff will still need work and will need to be addressed. We can ask them to have a look at the code again once we get to the point where we are synced to see what else may need to be done.
- We are getting close on the wiki server upgrade. Recently, we have been dealing with extension issues.
- We are also in the home stretch of the accelerated wiki migration. As this completes, we will be able to get back to focusing on content again.
- Peter: Is there anything else to add regarding the BOF that was discussed last time? Will anyone be able to attend in person?
- Andreas, Peter, Ken responded as attending.
Next meeting will be on 2016-11-30