LWG Minutes 2015-02-11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Lustre Survey questions - final input (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/63R8N7X)
- Discussion on Lustre releases
- Open discussion
- James Simmons (ORNL)
- Christopher Morrone (LLNL)
- Cory Spitz (Cray)
- Ruth Klundt (Sandia)
- Peter Jones (Intel)
- Andreas Dilger (Intel)
- Colin Faber (Seagate)
- Chris Hanna (IU)
Annual Lustre Survey
- Should people be able to submit more than once?
- As it stands now, no, only 1 per user
- Multiple surveys per file system is desirable
- Question 9, is there a way to fill that in with existing choices?
- Possibly, but the existing options aren't well defined.
- Add OpenSFS funded choices
- Road map items
- Maybe split it into two, selected options predefined additional input (other), free form input.
- Possibly tackle this for next years survey
- Change question 8 for number of OSS's in production
- Total across all file systems or per file systems? etc?
- Network type in use question?
- Change question 3 to include gigE options
- What stack is used?
- Ask about other file systems?
- No, probably not appropriate
- Ideally collect via different survey
- Peter Jones to contact OpenSFS admin to promote the survey
- Deadline imposed, and should be widely broadcasted
- Peter Jones to request review from Andreas Dilger, Cory Spitz, and James Simmons
Have a great vacation Chris!