This contract, awarded to Intel HPDD in 2013, defines Lustre feature design for three projects and eight subprojects. The full program description is available in the Statement of Work.
- Project 1: Layout Enhancement Design
- Project 2: CLIO Simplification Design
- Project 3: Removal of Dead Code in Lustre (Implementation)
- Project 4: Code Documentation (Implementation)
- Project 5: Data on MDS Design
- Project 6: Replication Design
OpenSFS assigned Steve Simms as the Technical Representative for this project. Steve leads a Project Approval Committee (PAC) that meets regularly with Intel and assists reviewing Intel's completion of project milestones.
Each subproject follows a detailed milestone plan composed of the following phases.
- Scope Statement is a brief (2-3 pages) summary of the Contractor's understanding of the problem statement and resulting project scope.
- Solution Architecture is a document that outlines requirements, use cases, a solution framework, and appropriate test cases.
- High-Level Design (HLD) is a description of the recommended solution that addresses the subproject requirements and describes how the solution will work, including basic protocol structures (as applicable).
- Implementation occurs after completion of the HLD and includes development and unit testing of new code. OpenSFS tracks progress during this phase with weekly progress meetings with the Contractor.
- or Implementation Assessment Occurs for design only projects to provide an estimate to complete the proposed feature. Projects that complete Implementation do not complete Implementation Assessment.
- Demonstration of the subproject is defined during the architecture phase and occurs after the Contractor completes the appropriate functionality of the subproject with execution of test cases designed to prove the acceptance criteria defined during the Solution Architecture. This milestone is only applicable to projects that complete Implementation
- Delivery occurs when the Contractor integrates the project development branch for the subproject into the canonical Lustre source tree for inclusion in the next available community Lustre feature release.
Completed milestone documents for each subproject are available in the project status section below. This milestone is only applicable to projects that complete Implementation.
The table below lists the milestone acceptance dates for the subprojects defined in OpenSFS' development contract with Intel HPDD (SFS-DEV-003).
Documentation of each milestone is hyperlinked to its completion date. We will update the table as Intel completes new milestones.
|Project||Scope Statement||Solution Architecture||High-level Design||Implementation Assessment||Demonstration||Delivery||Landing|
|Layout Enhancement Design||2013-10-10||2013-12-20||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|CLIO Simplification Design||2013-11-16||2013-12-20||2014-01-29||2014-02-10||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Removal of Dead Code in Lustre (Implementation)||2014-02-25||2014-03-17||2014-03-28||2014-03-28||n/a||n/a||2014-10-31|
|Code Documentation (Implementation)||2014-03-17||n/a||n/a||2014-08-28||n/a||n/a||2014-10-31|
|Data on MDS Design||2013-10-23||2013-12-20||2014-03-17||2014-03-20||n/a||n/a||n/a|