2015-06-08 Protocols Document meeting minutes
- Olaf Faaland (LLNL)
- Chris Horn (Cray)
- Justin Miller (Cray)
- Andrew Uselton (Intel)
- Doug Ouchareck (Intel)
- Andreas Dilger (Intel)
- Peter Jones (Intel)
- Richard Henwood (Intel)
- Chris Morrone (LLNL)
- Ruth Klundt (Sandia)
- Colin Faber (Seagate)
- Patch from Mike Pershin landed.
- Reviews from Doug and Jinshan.
- Build infrastructure has been updated to generate figures.
- Positive mention of the work on IRC.
Section review: 14.4.3
Chris described his expectation for the section "Changing the size attribute". He said that progress was in the correct direction for this section. As an example, he wanted to see this section closer to completion by including:
- What does changing the size of an object mean?
- What happens when the size of a file is changed?
- What are possible error messages?
It is important to avoid any discussion of the POSIX standard in this document.
Additional tasks were also discussed. they include:
- Post up patches that are in draft.
- Re-organize the document into present high-level activities first-most.
After discussion of possible time-lines; it was agreed that the next most important task for Andrew is the take a suitable section and arrive at the agreed level of detail.