LWG Minutes 2017-03-09
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10 Release Update
- Landings and tag testing continues moving forward. We are feeling good about the Intel features..
- Is there any update on tracepoint?
- James: The review with Dmitry has been valuable. There are a lot of patch conflicts with the tracepoint patches, so we are hoping that these can be resolved for landing. Also, a lot of porting of debug statements is ongoing, as all debug statements need to have a unique identifier.
Upstream Lustre Client
- The latest staging tree has the IB driver functioning again.
- We are seeing an LNet performance degradation in upstream that we are not seeing in master. Doug is also looking at it to try and chase this down.
- The current client is 2.8 + some 2.9 patches.
- James: When is the LSF conference that Andreas and Oleg will attend? It would be good to sync up on upstream message before if possible.
- Joe: I believe it is 3/20-3/21, so our next meeting won't occur until after the conference. Perhaps syncing up offline is best.
- Working on the structuring of the Lustre internals wiki page.
- Should have the Lustre internals google doc ready and posted shortly.
Next meeting will be on 2017-03-23 at 11:00am Pacific