LWG Minutes 2016-05-04
Cray: Cory Spitz, Justin Miller, Chris Horn
ORNL: Sarp Oral, James Simmons
Indiana: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
New Actions Captured:
- Peter to send out direct chaser to individuals that presented at Developer Day to get a copy of the presentation to post on the wiki.
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
- James will do a short write-up on the wiki.lustre.org for how to submit upstream
2.9 Release Status/Update
- 2.9 landings continue.
- Feature freeze coming up at the end of the month.
- Test plans for features are needed in order to land the feature when it is ready. Peter has been in touch with the developers directly, who report that test plans are in flight.
Upstream Lustre Client
- Overall, we are moving along well.
- Missing patches from the 2.5.0 release have landed.
- xattrs API has changed and James is investigating how this is going to be done.
- James will be opening tickets in Jira for upstream client current open items.
- The topic was discussed as to what method will best serve the lustre.org working group for getting help from SMEs. It was agreed that the lustre-devel (development based questions) and lustre-discuss (general discussion) are the preferred avenues for receiving feedback from SMEs.
Next meeting will be on 2016-05-18