Open Scalable File Systems, Inc. is a strong and growing nonprofit technical organization focused on high-end open-source file system technologies. The group’s focus is on the Lustre parallel file system, which supports many of the requirements of leadership class HPC AI/ML and simulation environments, has a diverse development community, and is open-source software.
The goals of the organization are to:
- provide a forum for collaboration among entities deploying file systems on leading edge high performance computing (HPC) systems
- communicate future requirements to the Lustre file system developers
- working groups driving all aspects of Lustre
- support a release of the Lustre file system designed to meet these goals
- ensure Lustre remains open and thriving, with the help of the strong and ever growing Lustre community
OpenSFS was founded in 2010 to advance Lustre development, ensuring it remains vendor-neutral, open, and free. Since its inception, OpenSFS has been responsible for advancing Lustre and delivering new releases on behalf of the open source community, initially via centralized and ongoing funding initiatives. Presently, OpenSFS harnesses the power of collaborative development to fuel innovation and growth of Lustre worldwide through working-groups, events, and coordinating dialogue between Lustre vendors and users.