- Collect benchmark tools candidates from OpenSFS
- Evaluate all the tools and the workloads that can benchmarked
- Recommend a small set of MD benchmark tools to cover the majority of MD workloads
- Collect stats from users of MD benchmarks
- Build scripts to allow ease of use of the recommended tools
- Write documentation for troubleshooting MD performance problems using the toolset
- Create a special website for MD tools
We ran 3 of the benchmarks proposed with similar configurations so we can compare the benchmarks. We ran the tests on 2 Lustre FS :
- First FS on 60 disk drives configured in 6 OST's with RAID-6 (8+2) and the MDT on a RAID-5 (4+1) flash devices
- Second on 20 SSD drives configured in 2 OST's with RAID-6 (8+2) and the MDT on a RAID-5 (4+1) flash devices
The results and some comments are in the pdf file format as follows:
Please note that I used iostat for monitoring the utilization of the devices and that the metadata set was 3x larger than the cache size of the MDS.
Return to Metadata Performance Evaluation page.