LWG Minutes 2019-07-11
ORNL: Dustin Leverman
Cray: Cory Spitz
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz, Jeff Garlough
IU: Ken Rawlings
Kmesh: Michael Nishimoto
TACC: Ari Martinez
Whamcloud: Peter Jones, Joe Gmitter, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
- Peter sent out roadmap slide ahead of ISC
2.13.0 Release Update
- There has been a lot of activity around self-extending layouts in master-next and things are looking good so far. It should land today and this will mark us being feature complete for this release.
- We are continuing to upgrade quite a bit on the lustre.org main site. We probably have a few more days of updates to be 100% complete.
- If anyone runs into any subtle issues with the site, please let Ken know.
- We are looking to do the mediawiki update in the next few weeks as well.
- Dustin: We recently upgraded to 2.12.2 and, as part of that, we upgraded to zfs 0.8.1. We ran into a dnode cache bug and it looks like other sites are also reporting it. We are considering reverting to 2.11 and zfs 0.7.13.
- Peter: Have you tried 2.12.2 with zfs 0.7.13? You don't need to revert the Lustre version to roll back the zfs version.
- Dustin: Agreed that it is not a lustre issue, but since the customer is upset we are just going back to old image.
- Andreas: We didn’t do much with 0.8.X and 2.12 since it was not released yet at the time of our testing.
- The issue is captured in https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-12510.
- Roadmap Discussion
- Andreas: We may be able to put on immediate write resync, but that’s post 2.15.
- Cory: In the 2.15 timeframe for Cray we are thinking of working on the hsm coordinator infrastructure, update to file copy tools to get it working between FLR and HSM.
- Cory: We should probably update project page as part of the roadmap update, it is quite stale.
- Cory: We would like to collaborate around metadata write back cache if possible, there would be value there on our side as well.
- Olaf: James is concerned that there is still issue with changelongs and he is not the only one (LU-11426, LU-11205, LU-11581).
Next meeting will be on 2019-07-25 at 11:00am Pacific