LWG Minutes 2016-08-10
Cray: Cory Spitz, Justin Miller, Ben Evans
ORNL: Sarp Oral
Indiana: Ken Rawlings
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Andreas Dilger, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.9 Release Status/Update
- We have been scrubbing the list a bit and looking at what works remaining that would need to be complete in order to reach code freeze.
- We are below 70 tickets as of today with a fix version of 2.9.
- There are a few blockers that show that code freeze is not imminent, however, those blockers do have patches in flight.
- Oleg created a new tag yesterday and is targeting another round of landings today.
2.10 Release Update
- Not much to report at this time, given the current status of 2.9.
- Cory, is there anything in particular you want to call out for 2.10?
- Cory: Suggests regularly checking in to make sure things are on track for all the supporting material is to be delivered
- Cory: LU-7988 is a series of patches that are getting positive reviews. If there is some reason that this can not land for 2.10 it would be good to know soon.
Upstream Lustre Client
- James submitted a large number of patches upstream. He has been working through patches in master lustre to get them upstream, including features which is potentially good news.
- We are making progress on the DB issues, getting movement again on accelerated wiki migration
- Question - Is lustre.org working group still holding regular conference calls?
- Ken: The next meeting is on 8/25, will get a mail out about that.
Next meeting will be on 2016-09-07