LWG Minutes 2016-06-29
Cray: Cory Spitz, Justin Miller, Chris Horn
ORNL: James Simmons
Indiana: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
- Peter will update roadmap to reflect 2.9 feature freeze impact
2.9 Release Status/Update
- We are conducting testing on the tags as we progress.
- There was a report on a performance regression, however our testing indicates it might be limited in scope. Please see LU-8280 for more information.
- Weak updates have landed, however, it breaks kernel builds on SLES (see LU-8343 for detail)
- LLNL remains looking to land the versioning changes
- Justin reports that he has been running 2.8.54 and 2.8.55 and has some LBUGS to report. They are not submitted to JIRA yet, he is doing some due diligence in gathering details first.
- Experienced the LBUGS while running in their regression suite, running in DNE setup using remote directories. More details will be provided in the JIRA ticket(s).
- Regarding RHEL 6.8, James reports that there is a severe bug in the RHEL 6.8 kernel that will affect you running with SRP daemons. They have rolled back to RHEL 6.7 in their lab to avoid the issue.
Upstream Lustre Client
- Working on the DNE2 patch porting to get upstream client to work with DNE. This is a lot of patches and work is needed to figure out why the upstream client doesn’t like the patches at the moment.
- DNE2 is the last major hurdle on the client side. Range lock also waits, but not as big as DNE2.
- We are making progress on wiki migration. There is now a features category on the main page. It will be good to expand this category for new features going forward.
- A new feature page has been added for server side hinting.
- James has begun testing multi-rail and ran into an issue with the Gemini driver, building on Power8, and a lockup. Details on the issues will be submitted to the existing JIRA ticket LU-7734
Next meeting will be on 2016-07-13