Difference between revisions of "Contract SFS-DEV-001"
|Line 109:||Line 109:|
|Line 118:||Line 118:|
Revision as of 12:48, 18 September 2014
This contract, awarded to Whamcloud (now Intel HPDD) in 2011, defines Lustre development for three projects and eight subprojects. The full program description is available in the Statement of Work.
- Project 1: Single Server Metadata Performance Improvements
- Subproject 1.1: SMP Node Affinity
- Subproject 1.2: Parallel Directory Operations
- Project 2. Distributed Namespace: Remote Directories and Striped Directories
- Subproject 2.1: Remote Directories
- Subproject 2.2: Striped Directories
- Project 3. Lustre File System Checker
- Subproject 3.1: Inode Iterator & OI Scrub
- Subproject 3.2: MDT-OST Consistency
- Subproject 3.3: MDT-MDT Consistency
- Subproject 3.4: Performance
OpenSFS assigned Dave Dillow as the Technical Representative for this project. In January 2014, Jason Hill was assigned as the Technical Representative for this project. Jason leads a Project Approval Committee (PAC) that meets regularly with Intel and assists reviewing Intel's completion of project milestones.
Each subproject follows a detailed milestone plan composed of the following phases.
- Scope Statement is a brief (2-3 pages) summary of the Contractor's understanding of the problem statement and resulting project scope.
- Solution Architecture is a document that outlines requirements, use cases, a solution framework, and appropriate test cases.
- High-Level Design (HLD) is a description of the recommended solution that addresses the subproject requirements and describes how the solution will work, including basic protocol structures (as applicable).
- Implementation occurs after completion of the HLD and includes development and unit testing of new code. OpenSFS tracks progress during this phase with weekly progress meetings with the Contractor.
- Demonstration of the subproject is defined during the architecture phase and occurs after the Contractor completes the appropriate functionality of the subproject with execution of test cases designed to prove the acceptance criteria defined during the Solution Architecture.
- Delivery occurs when the Contractor integrates the project development branch for the subproject into the canonical Lustre source tree for inclusion in the next available community Lustre feature release.
Completed milestone documents for each subproject are available in the project status section below.
The table below lists the milestone acceptance dates for the subprojects defined in OpenSFS' development contract with Intel HPDD (SFS-DEV-001).
Documentation of each milestone is hyperlinked to its completion date. We will update the table as Intel completes new milestones.
|Project||Subproject||Scope Statement||Solution Architecture||High-level Design||Implementation||Demonstration||Delivery||Landing|
|MDS Performance||PDIR Ops||2011-09-28||2011-10-12||2011-11-09||2012-01-06||2012-03-19||2012-04-30||2.2|
|SMP Node Affinity||2012-03-09||2012-04-04||2012-05-02||2012-09-13||2012-10-07||2012-12-12||2.3|
|Striped Directories||2013-05-13||2013-06-13||2013-07-24||in progress||2.8?|
|Lustre File System
|Fid-in-dirent & linkEA consistency||2012-10-31||2012-11-20||2012-12-12||2013-01-16||2013-05-01||2013-05-31||2.4|