CDWG Minutes 2013-07-03
- Report on completion of 2.5 scoping effort (Chris)
- Discussion and final decision on changing the official, community announced, "scheduled maintenance release" branch from 2.4 to 2.5.
- Discuss applying CC-BY-SA to wiki and/or lustre portal
- Chris Morrone (LLNL)
- Megan (Xyratex)
- Nic Henke (Xyratex)
- Brett Costolo (Intel)
- Cory Spitz (Cray)
- Peter Jones (Intel)
Make 2.5 "scheduled maintenance release"
All in agreement to advertise the change to 2.5 as the "scheduled maintenance release" branch.
Some discussion about how we will communicate and decide on future branches. Cory asked if we can expect Intel to continue to be as accommodating to the community's wishes in the future.
Peter pointed out that we are all serving the same, or similar markets. (So it is likely that we will be able to align on common goals.)
We just need to keep our lines of communication open, and coordinate our goals for lustre.
Apply CC-BY-SA to wiki
Cory: Is HSM going to be ready?
Work is under way. 11 patches under review, possibly a couple nearing review. Work is progressing, and we'll see where we are in a couple of weeks.
What can we do to help with 2.5.0?
Work on your patches _now_, don't wait for the end of the development cycle.
Pitch in on fixing bugs.
SLES11SP3 Clinet Support for 2.5.0
Cory reports that SLES11SP3 has been released. Asked if it can add _client_ support. Peter suggested that we can apply same criterion as RHEL7: we can add support if it distro is released sufficiently in advance of the code freeze.
All agreed it sounds reasonable to add client support for SLES11SP3.
- Update roadmap to reflect change from 2.4 to 2.5
- After roadmap update, send email announcement of change