CDWG Minutes 2013-04-24
- 2.4 status updates
- Plan major thrust areas for CDWG for the coming year
- 2.5 roadmap discussion (time permitting)
- Chris Morrone (LLNL)
- Cory Spitz (Cray)
- Peter Jones (Intel)
- Nic Henke (Xyratex)
- John Carrier (Cray)
2.4 status updates
Things going not too bad. 11 blockers, 9 have fixes in flight. Overnight some glitch in results updloading, but things are moving through now.
Note that commit a585b03 "Revert "LU-2459 osd: add LMA incompat flag check" was needed to get tests passing again.
LU-2827 needs some attention if going to land for 2.4.0.
Cray started testing 2.3.64.
Cray suggests LU-1442 should be blocker. New patch and explanation of cause of bug available from Xyratex. Will evaluated for 2.4.0.
CDWG Thrust Area Planning
- Improvement issue tracking
- Improve transparency of decision making on issue priority
- Know which issues will or will not be solved in a release
- Transparently track landing of bug fixes for every
- Increase visibility of non-feature work that is outstanding
- Community Development Tree Contract revisions
- Send your desired changes NOW!
- Add maintenance tree funding?
- Discuss and refine development cadence
- Documentation effort
- Lustre Manual
- In code (doxygen)
- In tree architecture documentation
- Discuss/enact OpenSFS hosting of:
- Lustre releases (e.g. yum repos. Make it easier for people to install lustre.)
- OpenSFS build system
- Patch review
- Establish release criteria (Cory)
- Put obligation on OpenSFS to be part of the process?
- Stability testing requirements
- Performance characterization
- OpenSFS needs to be more involved in creating the test plan
- Get developers on the CDWG calls, try to improve transparency of Lustre planning