LWG Minutes 2019-07-25
Cray: Cory Spitz
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman
HPE: Christopher Voltz, Jeff Garlough
IU: Ken Rawlings
Kmesh: Michael Nishimoto
TACC: Ari Martinez
Whamcloud: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, James Nunez, Andreas Dilger, Nathaniel Clark, Amir Shehata
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
- Peter sent out roadmap slide ahead of ISC
2.13.0 Release Update
- We are in the stabilization period. Testing is ongoing on the master branch.
- We are going through exercise of looking for tickets in scope for 2.13 and assessing if they are still candidates.
- Would be good for each organization to do a review of the current list and drop anything that isn’t on track for the release and critical to make it.
- Things can still land as they become ready, we are just looking to have a must-have burndown list in place.
- RedHat 8 - We are tracking Centos. https://wiki.centos.org/About/Building_8 seems to be a pretty negative outlook on things. This page may not be updated regularly. Either way, it seems to be some weeks out at this point.
- James: ZFS 0.7.* still has the locking issue. It is correct that 0.8 doesn’t make this any worse worse.
- Peter: It makes sense to put 2.13.0 on 0.8.1.
- James: is Alex still looking at ZFS issues at the moment?
- Peter: He is working on other things at the moment, but will continue to work on this.
- Cory: can we add SLES15 into the AT environment?
- Peter: The issue is around vetting the results and fixing issues as they arise. If someone were willing to pick up that effort, it may be possible capacity wise.
- James N.: We run failover and full testing. It is time consuming to look at results and failures, determine if they are new or old, and then assign to tickets to someone to work on.
- Cory: This is a bit more involved than maybe originally thought, perhaps we should table it for now.
Upstream Lustre Client
- We are up to a 5.3 kernel. Neil has ported over a 100 patches for 2.11 support. Working with him on vetting all those patches.
- Andreas: Do you use upstream kernel autotest in Gerrit at all?
- James: It mirrors Neil’s branch but currently doesn’t run the tests. The LU version used there though is sensitive, as we are getting to 2.11 and not latest.
- The LUG 19 page now refers to the agenda with slides.
- Past events are being cleaned up. We are also working on getting videos cleaned up between Vimeo and the opensfs youtube channel for LUG 19.
- Peter: Roadmap - We are trying to get the project page into shape. Cory, you were going to look at adding in some things there as well. Have you had a chance to do that?
- Cory: I added 2 projects to that page just before the call today. They will likely be in 2.14, but we are not sure if they are banner worthy on the roadmap.
- Peter: Let's target everyone reviewing and updating that page ahead of the next call.
Next meeting will be on 2019-08-08 at 11:00am Pacific