LWG Minutes 2018-09-20
Cray: Ben Evans, Cory Spitz, Doug Oucharek
ORNL: Dustin Leverman, James Simmons
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
IU: Ken Rawlings
BP: Shawn Hall
Whamcloud: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, James Nunez, Amir Shehata
New Actions Captured:
- Ken will look into the old CFS info appearing on the Lustre wikipedia page.
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.12.0 Release Update
- We are feature complete, so the focus is currently on test plans and execution to those test plans.
- We are hoping that by end of the month we will have a good read on how we are tracking to final release.
- We will be scrubbing the 2.12 Jira list soon to only include mandatory items. Non-features that are pushed out can still land if they become ready.
- Any other updates on 2.12?
- James: We are hoping to see last ARM bug finished: LU-10300
Upstream Lustre Client
- Neil has completed the multi-rail port and we been running off of his testing tree.
- We also pushed some fixes in the LND area. At this point multi-rail pretty much works. We are seeing one bug that isn’t being seen in our branch that we are investigating.
- At this point, we have ported all bug fixes up to the 2.10.3 release.
- James will push project quota and PFL stuff soon. Need to break up patches.
- Cory: Are you doing any performance testing once multi-rail or other new features are pushed in?
- James: We did some performance testing after the multi-rail changes and are seeing about a 20% performance boost overall.
- We are formalizing the process of updating all the old HPDD links on the wiki.
- We will be adding Peter and Andreas to those granted editing rights.
- Peter: The Lustre wikipedia page is showing old CFS info on the right hand side.
- Ken will look into it.
Next meeting will be on 2018-10-04 at 11:00am Pacific