CDWG Minutes 2013-04-10
- Continue Lustre roadmap discussion
- 2.4 status updates
- Any topics for LUG2013
- Chris Morrone (LLNL)
- Cory Spitz (Cray)
- Mystery caller
- Peter Jones (Intel)
- Bruce Korb (Xyratex)
- John Carrier (Cray)
- Drop 1.8
- Remove logos
- HSM move to 2.5
- DNE2 move to 2.6
- Add 2.7 listed as next maintence branch? But release with no.
2.4 Status Update
- Moderate number of blocks, fixes for majority of blockers in progress
- Hoping to still tag this month, but a slip of a week or two into May possible
- Discussion about status of RHEL6.4 support. ldiskfs support for RHEL6.4 landed yesterday, and the rest is imminent. RHEL6.4 kernel bug was allowed to delay landings. There was concern expressed about announcing RHEL6.4 as the officially supported release when support is only going into the branch at this late date.
- Mention that we will discuss OS support roadmap
- John Carrier - TWG rfp - need
We went into a discussion about tracking issues against releases in jira, partial motivated by Chris's email about his understanding of the correct use of the "Fix Version/s" field. Lots of opinions on this one. We are going to table the discussion until after the 2.4 release, because there is to much left to do to make changes now. We will raise the issue again shortly after the 2.4.0 tag so that we can have better procedures in place for the 2.5 development cycle.