LWG Minutes 2020-04-02
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman, Jeff Niles
HPE: Olaf Weber, Jeff Garlough, Cory Spitz
IU: Ken Rawlings
Whamcloud: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, James Nunez, Andreas Dilger, Nathaniel Clark
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.14.0 Release Update
- We have met the feature cutoff criteria for everything in flight. The erasure coding patches have been pushed to the flr branch.
- The next milestone is the feature freeze at the end of the month.
- Cory: The pool quotas work is moving along. We are still fixing issues found with testing. We have published the test plan.
- We are currently seeing a heavy failure due to a change in LNet that is causing security test failures. Tip of master is unstable a bit in testing because of it.
Upstream Lustre Client
- Nothing major to report. James is working on landing a few patches in the openSFS branch to move forward. Things are looking good.
- Peter: What’s the mainline version?
- James: We are at 5.4 (5.6 is the latest). Client support for 5.6 tracked in https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-13344.
- We are a bit behind on a few upgrades, as we have been working on some critical security updates.
- The physical LUG event will be cancelled. OpenSFS is planning to do a webinar series instead. We would normally do a developer day, so perhaps we could brainstorm on ideas for an offering there and touch base on this again next call.
Next meeting will be on 2020-04-16 at 11:00am Pacific