LWG Minutes 2019-09-05

From OpenSFS
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendance

Cray: Cory Spitz
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz, Jeff Garlough
IU: Ken Rawlings
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
TACC: Ari Martinez
Intel: Ralph Castain
Whamcloud: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, James Nunez, Andreas Dilger

Actions

New Actions Captured:

  • Peter will write up the kernel policy and circulate it for the next meeting.
  • Ralph to send out PMIx slides presented at the call today.

Existing Open Actions:

  • None

Actions Recently Closed:

  • None

Minutes

2.13.0 Release Update
Peter

  • Things are converging int he right direction. We are seeing the overall number of tickets drop and several tickets in scope are in master-next.
  • We will need to be more aggressive with trimming the list down for only “must have” fixes. Any fix that becomes ready ahead of code freeze is still eligible to land. If you see a ticket removed from scope as a must-have fix and you disagree, please comment in the ticket.


Upstream Lustre Client
James

  • James has gone through all 2.11 client work and found several patches missing. He is sorting it out and should have it ready by the end of the week.
  • Andreas: Have you done anything in auto test?
    • James: I have been doing testing locally but plan to move it up. I have been been testing sanity, PFL, FLR, and more locally.


lustre.org
Ken

  • We have had a few issues getting extensions working with latest wiki release, but are working that out.
  • We will return focus back to items from previous calls after this is sorted out.


Other Business

  • Kernel Policy - is there any feedback on how many releases we would leave it until older versions of Redhat support are deleted from the tree? The suggestion is to base it on the next LTS release. Any comments or thoughts?
    • James: This policy sounds fine to me.
    • Peter will write up this policy and circulate it for the next meeting.
  • Ralph from Intel is here to present on PMIx. Slides will be sound out to the mailing list after the call.
    • Cory: When you talk about resource manager are you talking about PBS?
      • Ralph: Yes, PBS, LSF. We have seen pretty much everyone get on board, it has been pretty broad.
    • Cory: Are there clear Lustre requirements? Have you pushed LU tickets?
      • Ralph: I don’t think there is anything we need to push into Lustre, but rather Lustre may want to take advantage of it being present. I am hoping to kick off discussion about what feature interest there might be.
    • Ralph will send out slides and please ping him if there is any interest in discussing further.


Next meeting will be on 2019-09-19 at 11:00am Pacific