LWG Minutes 2018-05-17
Cray: Cory Spitz
ORNL: James Simmons, Dustin Leverman
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz
IU: Ken Rawlings
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10.4 Release Update
- RC1 is in testing at the moment. This RC does add RHEL 7.5 support.
- Anything to report on any other testing efforts?
- No feedback.
2.12.0 Release Update
- Oleg put up another tag yesterday and we are starting to put it through testing.
- A few DoM patches have landed for performance improvements.
- Any other feedback on testing or features?
- No feedback.
Upstream Lustre Client
- James has put the seed in Greg’s mind that we are in a good state and asking him to address an explanation of why we remain in staging. James is awaiting a response.
- Cory: He was suggesting that we get kicked out of staging, fix issues, and then come back when ready. We should all remember that “a few weeks” several years ago turned into years.
- Discussion on the approach of leaving staging vs. remaining in staging ensued.
- Everyone on the call agrees staying in staging and fixes issues is the right approach. One open question is how perfect we need to be as other features move out of staging without perfection.
- Ken has been working with Shawn Hall on the guidelines for StackOverflow.
- Ken is also reports that feedback at LUG indicates that those seeking help use search engines to get StackOverflow results rather than the search within that site itself. Ken is looking into making sure that would work well for our content.
- Cory: Can we post slides from developer day?
- Andreas: Search for developer day 2018 from lustre.org wiki and you will find the site created to hold this content.
- Peter: It is best for the author to upload to the page Andreas created directly rather than sending them to him since it directly grants OpenSFS permission to display it.
Next meeting will be on 2018-05-31 at 11:00am Pacific