LWG Minutes 2018-01-25
Cray: Ben Evans
ORNL: Dustin Leverman
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz, Robert Clark
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10.3 Release Update
- We tagged RC1 just before the last call and the testing is ongoing. We are seeing a strange result with ZFS recovery that we are looking into. The reproducer is lengthy, so we are looking to reduce it to get to a faster turnaround.
2.11.0 Release Update
- Joe: Feature Update - We continue to flesh out minor issues for FLR and the two performance improvements for Data on MDT (read-on-open, lock conversion). No major issues found in feature testing for either feature.
- Anything from the community on any early 2.11.0 testing?
- No activity to report.
Upstream Lustre Client
- Peter: Has anyone seen anything notable to report out with respect to the upstream client?
- Andreas: Neil Brown from SuSe continues doing a lot of work. James and Neil seem to be working together to coordinate efforts.
- We are finalizing the wiki migration and hope to have it wrapped up by next call.
- Andreas: The new Lustre manual seems to be appearing better in search results.
- Peter: Opensfs Survey - We have made a few tweaks on the format from last year. Has anyone looked this over? Any suggestions or changes to make?
- No feedback at this time.
- Dustin: We wanted to poll the group and see if anyone has done any performance testing with the Spectre and Meltdown fixes in place. Has anyone on the call done any testing that can be shared?
- No responses.
- Dustin: We are starting to do some testing at ORNL, but will probably hold off until patches stabilize a bit. James is leading this effort and hope to report back as we make progress.
Next meeting will be on 2018-02-08 at 11:00am Pacific