LWG Minutes 2017-12-14
Cray: Cory Spitz, Ben Evans, Peter Bojanic
ORNL: James Simmons
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
HPE: Olaf Weber
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones, Andreas Dilger
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10.2 Release Update
- Released on 12/12/2017, announcement sent out to mailing lists.
2.11.0 Release Update
- FLR has landed to master. We are beginning to scrub the fixVersion content marked for 2.11.0. If the 2.11 fixVersion is removed, it is deemed non-essential. It may still land for 2.11.0, but we would not hold the release for it.
- Cory: When will a release candidate be available?
- Peter: We are looking at end of March for release, so there is some time before we get to that point.
- Cory: Sounds good. Cray may have some engineers available to help with testing if needed.
Upstream Lustre Client
- The landing window is now open again.
- James believes to have resolved one of the key problems with the sysfs work, hoping to have the patch ready today
- Talked with Aurélien about his email to lustre-discuss regarding using Sphinx for the manual if there is interest in it.
- Andreas: It appears that moving from one git based markup to a different markup won’t buy us that much.
- Peter: Does moving to a new format help with google searches at all?
- Andreas: If the opensfs copy of the manual is not being indexed, we should look at that. I did a test with “lctl conf_param” and the first 3 results are the old wiki and doesn’t see any reference to the manual on lustre.org.
- Ken: I had worked with Richard in the past to make sure it was indexed, so please let me know if we find otherwise.
- We talked a few months ago about an intro to Lustre webinar. We began discussion again earlier this week on formalizing it more. The current plan going forward is to have 2 webinars, splitting setting up a proper development environment from a more substantial code overview.
- Peter: Is there a demand to hold a call between the holidays? If not, we will pick up in January.
- All agree to cancel the next call.
Next meeting will be on 2018-01-11 at 11:00am Pacific