LWG Minutes 2017-06-29
Cray: Cory Spitz
ORNL: James Simmons
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
IU: Ken Rawlings
SuperMicro: Abe Asraoui
HPE: Olaf Weber, Christopher Voltz, Eric Cain
Intel: Andreas Dilger, Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10 Release Update
- We have tagged RC1 earlier this week and are working through release testing. We found one issue on soak, LU-9274, and are currently trying to understand the impact of that issue.
- Anything else 2.10 related?
- James: PFL testing went very well on Titan. Sarp received the performance numbers this morning and will be sharing those shortly.
- Abe: Are we testing 2.10 on CentOS?
- Peter: Yes, our functional regression testing for the release is run on CentOS 7.3.
- James: I have been testing 2.10 for a while and the only issue seen thus far is LU-9715, a bug when using a specific CPT configuration.
- Peter: Amir has a fixed ready for this and we will include if there is an RC2. Otherwise, if RC1 becomes the GA version, the patch is there and available to use if someone has this requirement.
- Cory: We have heard of MOFED 4 issues, are those in scope for 2.10?
- Peter: No, LU-9500 is the last issue to be fixed, but we are not quite there yet. This work will be targeted for a maintenance release.
2.10 Release Update
- A stub page created has been created for 2.11
- Is tracepoint still a goal for this release?
- James: Yes, his workload will likely support it.
- The test matrix documented on the 2.11 page is what is anticipated for this timeframe (RHEL 7.4, SLES 12sp3).
- The GA date was bumped out by a month due to holidays at the end of December.
- Other thoughts/comments?
- Cory: It is exciting to see DOM and delayed resync on the feature list. Were these the only things on the roadmap that was presented at LUG?
- Peter: Yes, these are the marquee features being planned for inclusion. There is some other follow on work that will also be included, for example, the Dynamic Discovery addition to Multi-Rail (which may land to a 2.10 LTS release prior to 2.11).
Upstream Lustre Client
- A bunch of cleanups have been sent in.
- It has not been submitted yet, but the uapi back-porting work is complete.
- We are in the process of performing site upgrades and it is going well.
- On the Lustre tutorial front discussed last time, we are going to start with an online webinar. HPDD is willing to help us on this front.
- Peter: Cory brought up a good point during LUG about how we would track fixes with maintenance releases. After some discussion, we think a good process will be to put a label of "LTS" on any fix that should be considered for the next maintenance release. Once a fix lands, the FixVersion field can then be updated to reflect the release it is actually landed in. Any opinions, concerns with that approach?
- No comments.
Next meeting will be on 2017-07-13 at 11:00am Pacific