LWG Minutes 2017-04-06
ORNL: James Simmons
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Andreas Dilger, Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10 Release Update
- We are not quite closed out yet on PFL and Project Quotas, however we are working hard towards landing both of them in time for 2.10.
- James: Tracepoint has moved forward and waiting for reviews if it is still possible to make the 2.10 release. The scope was far bigger than originally thought.
- Technical discussion led to the conclusion that this is more appropriate for an early 2.11 landing instead of 2.10.
Upstream Lustre Client
- The goal is to have UAPI and 64 bit time stuff in for 2.10. Need to talk with Oleg about lctl config param issue to map out a solution.
- Peter: Are you slated to present on the upstream Lustre client at LUG?
- Yes, James will be presenting on the upstream client status as tracepoint.
- James: Is there any feedback from Al Viro?
- Andreas: Oleg talked to him at LSF. Al found a bunch of obvious things that Oleg is working on. Al is looking to understand Lustre better to make further recommendations.
- We are continuing the FAQ review.
- The google group and wiki page for the internals update project will be sent out within the next day.
- Peter: Ken do you know when LUG agenda is coming out?
- Ken: His understanding is it will be in the next few days.
- Peter: We are seeing some registrations coming through for developer summit. James are you aware if Dustin will be registering?
- James: Yes, Dustin is planning to register and I will remind him.
- Peter: We have had about 70 people fill in the survey thus far. This is still down a bit, but is a reasonable sample thus far a LUG update.
Next meeting will be on 2017-04-20 at 11:00am Pacific