LWG Minutes 2017-02-09
Cray: Ben Evans
ORNL: James Simmons
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
IU: Ken Rawlings
Intel: Andreas Dilger, Joe Gmitter, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
- Peter added the Tracepoint feature to the 2.10 list on the wiki page.
2.10 Release Update
- Landings and tag testing continues moving forward. We are optimistic on the Intel features from our side.
- Are there any updates on the other features from the community?
- James: James has been working with Dmitry on the review of the tracepoint work and things are progressing nicely.
- Ben: No specifics on the status for Cray items, however, it does sound like things are moving forward for Patrick and Chris with their work.
Upstream Lustre Client
- A whole bunch of patches went in with the latest landings for 4.10.
- We are down to ~40 patch delta from master. The remaining patches cross 2.8, 2.9, and the current work for 2.10. Little pieces of patches have fallen off due to how they are broken up.
- Also have been working on syncing master with upstream. Our sysfs stuff is really busted upstream.
- James is making a patch for the issue of lctl config through mgs being broken (one function doesn’t handle system attribute update).
- Peter: Oleg and Andreas were invited to LSF conference, which could help us gain more traction with maintainers.
- Things are going well, busy working on the wiki updates. Server maintenance is currently ongoing as well.
- We are in the process of evaluating and adding site analytics software.
- Should have the Lustre internals google doc ready and posted shortly.
- Peter: We have done a refresh on the OpenSFS server from last year. If anyone has suggestion on changes, please review and feed back to Peter.
- Peter: LUG Update. Last year at LUG we had the developer day, which was very well attended. However, the format didn't really match the level of attendance. This year, we are looking to separate a developer conference for more experienced developers from a general hackathon that is open for anyone to participate in. The idea is to potentially have a selection of projects that could be worked on during the hackathon and encourage newbies to be able to contribute and ask questions of more experienced developers.
Next meeting will be on 2017-02-23 at 11:00am Pacific