LWG Minutes 2017-01-12
Cray: Ben Evans, Cory Spitz
ORNL: Dustin Leverman, James Simmons
Indiana: Ken Rawlings
Sandia: Ruth Klundt
Intel: Joe Gmitter, Andreas Dilger, Peter Jones
New Actions Captured:
- Peter to add the Tracepoint feature to the 2.10 list on the wiki page.
Existing Open Actions:
Actions Recently Closed:
2.10 Release Update
- Reviewed proposed features on http://wiki.lustre.org/Release_2.10.0
- Is Cray still planning to do these features listed here?
- Cory has checked with developers and both the NRS Delay Policy and Lock Ahead features are looking on track to be included in the release.
- A friendly reminder that we need documentation and test plans deliverables in addition to the code and reviews for each feature, so it would be good to get those assigned on the 2.10 page.
- Would Cray welcome a chaser on pending actions for their 2.10 features or do you prefer to do this internally? Would this be useful to your development or a hinderance?
- Cory: This sounds ok and you are welcome to send chasers to Cray developers.
- As people may have heard at recent conferences, we are feeling optimistic about getting PFL into 2.10.
- James/Dustin: It would be good to have an at scale test shot with PFL in mid-April ahead of the 2.10 release.
- We are also looking to include the multi-rail feature in 2.10. Testing and input is certainly welcomed.
- Joe: The topic branch is ‘multi-rail’ on the fs/lustre-release repository.
- Joe: This will be merged into master in one change: https://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/24912/
- James: It appears that we will be able to have the Tracepoint feature ready for 2.10 (LU-8980)
- Peter to add it to the list on the wiki page.
- Ben: Regarding, project quotas and LU-5152, would this hole be closed where a quota is removed from one group but not added to another?
- Andreas: This appears to be a bug and should be kept on the list of open issues available for people to work on.
Upstream Lustre Client
- No significant updates this week.
- We are getting very close on the migration. We are currently having some challenges with graphics.
- We will be sending out a link when it is ready for review.
Next meeting will be on 2017-01-26 at 11:00am Pacific