LWG Minutes 2014-11-05

From OpenSFS
Jump to: navigation, search


Agenda

Board Motions

Motion:

To task the LWG to organize a developers day to be held to share expertise in a Lustre development. The LWG will provide the BoD with a a proposed agenda, venue, dates, communication strategy and budget to include any contracted expertise in the Lustre development community to facilitate a successful event.

Motion:

To task the LWG to provide an update on Lustre stabilization efforts and proposed next steps including any authorizations they require to move forward.

Attendance

  • Richard Henwood (Intel)
  • James Simmons (ORNL)
  • Sebastien (Bull)
  • Cory Spitz (Cray)
  • Paul Sathis (Intel)
  • Peter Jones (Intel)
  • Colin Faber (Seagate)
  • Ruth Klundt (Sandia)
  • Andreas Dilger (Intel)

SC'14 Meeting reminder

Tuesday November 18, 2:15-3:30pm Central

Board Motions

Developer day

Cray, Intel locals


Lustre stability

Andreas - some code cleanup for layout fault injection for lnet, message dropping Andreas worried that throwing code away and rewriting it will just create more bugs (CLIO)

Colin to follow up on Seagate areas "shouldn't be protocol documneted, just rewritten"

Chris -

Adnreas - should ask Intel guys, which parts lousy, difficult to understand

Talk about develper resources at SC

Code review guidelines

Adnreas - definitely huge topic some pages on hpdd wiki, most lean toward code style back in CFS days had checklists for design reviews e.g. was scalability considered?, protocol compatibility?

Poor docs about functional code inspection Low level inspection checklist would be useful

Formal code review template suggested

Andreas - Is there appetite for more code commenting? LOD, OSD, OSP

trouble areas needing commenting - ptlrpc

talk of rewriting or restructuring ptlrpc, but documentation (AT, replay, resend) would be beneficial. lots of subtle interactions in there

Richard

Peter brought up LU-4134, Colin to bring up with team

James 2.8 - ldiskfs patches, disagreement about sharing patches, each has own set of patches no sharing, some thing there should be sharing. Yang Shen doesn't like sharing idea

Peter - rhel6.6, sles12, switch to sles12 for lustre 2.7?