CDWG Minutes 2013-09-25
- Review action items
- Describe monthly BoD/WG Leads meeting
- Lustre 2.5.0 status update
- Lustre 2.6.0 planning
- Chris Morrone (LLNL)
- Nik Henke (Xyratex)
- Cory Spitz (Cray)
- Peter Jones (Intel)
- John Forgan (Xyratex)
- Vitaly (Xyratex)
- Meghan McClelland (Xyratex)
Lustre 2.5.0 Status
Expected code freeze is next Monday
This time around hope to branch 2.5 and open master for landing sooner.
Lustre 2.6.0 Planning
Additional possible work:
- HSM follow-on work from CEA
- Clean up console messages
Discussion about improving testing plan. Need to get the test and release plan put together early in the 2.6 process. With 2.6, it will probably be difficult to get as many people to test as with 2.4.
Performance testing to compare 2.5 vs 2.6.
Discussion about console messages and what to do about them. Identified a few things that are needed:
- Development work needed to clean up old console messages
- Need to enforce good console usage at patch review time
- Need to watch for console message regression during testing
Meghan - Would like to see automated reporting of testing. Mentioned that James had some ideas in this area.
- Peter - Begin 2.6 test plan document and circulate draft with the CDWG
- Chris - Open ticket against 2.6.0 to track console message cleanup
- Meghan - Begin scoping effort involved with automated reporting of test results
- Make wiki.opensfs.org page describing Lustre patch submission procedures (Chris, everyone)